|Print Head / Ink|
|Number of Nozzles||Total 1,280 nozzles|
|Ink Cartridges||PG-47, CL-57S(Optional: CL-57)|
|Maximum Printing Resolution||4800 (horizontal)*1 x 1200 (vertical) dpi|
|Print Speed*2 Based on ISO/IEC 24734|
|Document (ESAT/Simplex)||Approx. 8.8 ipm (black) / 4.4 ipm (colour)|
|Document (ESAT/Duplex)||Approx. 1.9 ipm (colour)|
|Document (FPOT Ready / Simplex)||Approx. 11 sec (black) / 19 sec (colour)|
|Photo (4 x 6") (Borderless)||Approx. 65 sec|
|Printable Width||Up to 203.2 mm (8 inch), Borderless: Up to 216 mm (8.5 inch)|
|Borderless Printing*3||Top/Bottom/Right/Left margin: Each 0 mm|
|Bordered Printing||Envelope (#10/DL):Top margin: 8 mm,Bottom margin: 12.7 mm,Left/Right margin: 5.6 mm|
|LTR, LGL:Top margin: 3 mm, Bottom margin: 5 mm,Left margin: 6.4 mm,Right margin: 6.3 mm|
|Custom size (Width: 101.6 - 215.9 mm, Length: 152.4 - 676 mm):Top margin: 3 mm, Bottom margin: 5 mm,Left margin: 3.4 mm,Right margin: 3.4 - 9.3 mm|
|Others:Top margin: 3 mm, Bottom margin: 5 mm, Left/Right margin: 3.4 mm|
|Bordered Auto 2-Sided Printing||A4/LTR: Top/Bottom margin: 5 mm|
|A4: Left/Right margin: 3.4 mm|
|LTR: Left margin: 6.4 mm, Right margin: 6.3 mm|
|Front Tray||Plain Paper (64 - 105 g/m²),Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101),Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101),Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-208),Matte Photo Paper (MP-101),High Resolution Paper (HR-101N),Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201),Photo Stickers (PS-108/PS-208/PS-808),Removable Photo Stickers (PS-308R),Magnetic Photo Paper (PS-508),Envelope|
|Front Tray||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL,Envelope (#10, DL), 4 x 6", 5 x 7", 8 x 10"[Custom size]Width: 101.6 - 215.9 mm, Length: 152.4 - 676 mm|
|Paper Size (Borderless)*3||A4, LTR, 4 x 6", 5 x 7", 8 x 10"|
|Paper Handling (Maximum Number),Front Tray|
|Plain Paper (A4/LTR size)||Plain Paper (64 g/m²) = 100|
|Photo Paper (4 x 6")||Other Canon Photo Paper = 20,Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-208) = 10|
|Photo Paper (5 x 7")||10|
|Support Media for Auto 2-sided printing|
|Cassette||Plain Paper: 64 - 105 g/m², Canon Paper: Max. paper weight,approx. 300 g/m²,(Photo Paper Pro Platinum, PT-101)|
|Ink End Sensor||Dot count|
|Print Head Alignment||Manual|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed (ADF / Platen|
|Scanner Method||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution*5||600 x 1,200 dpi|
|Scanning Bit Depth (Input/Output)|
|Greyscale||16 / 8 bit|
|Colour||RGB each 16 / 8 bit|
|Line Scanning Speed*6|
|Greyscale||Approx. 1.5 ms/line (300 dpi)|
|Colour||Approx. 3.5 ms/line (300 dpi)|
|Maximum Document Size|
|Flatbed||A4 / LTR|
|ADF||A4 / LTR / LGL|
|Size||B5, A5, Legal, A4, LTR, 4 x 6", 5 x 7"|
|Type||Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101),Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101),Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201),Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-208),Glossy Photo Paper (GP-508)|
|Image Quality||3 positions (Economy, Standard, High)|
|Density Adjustment||9 positions, Flatbed Auto intensity (AE copy)|
|Document (Colour): (sFCOT/Simplex) / (sESAT/Simplex)||Approx. 27 sec / Approx. 3.6 ipm|
|Document (ADF): Colour (ESAT/Simplex)||Approx. 2.7 ipm|
|Document (ADF): Black (ESAT/Simplex)||Approx. 6.4 ipm|
|Black/Colour||Max. 99 pages|
|Type||Desktop Transceiver(Super G3 / Colour Communication)|
|Black / Colour||Approx. 3 sec / 1 min|
|Black (Approx.)||8 pels/mm x 3.85 lines/mm (Standard),8 pels/mm x 7.7 lines/mm (Fine),300 x 300 dpi (Extra Fine)|
|Colour (Approx.)||200 × 200 dpi|
|Print Size||A4, LTR, LGL|
|Scanning Width||A4 / LTR|
|Modem Speed||Max. 33.6 kbps (Automatic fall back)|
|Black||MH, MR, MMR|
|Colour||RGB each 8 bit|
|ECM (Error Correction Mode)||Available|
|Coded Speed Dialing||Max. 20 locations|
|Group Dialing||Max. 19 locations|
|Transmission/Reception Memory*9||Approx. 50 pages|
|Type||Windows: Available, macOS: Available|
|Destination Number||1 location|
|Black/Colour||B/W transmission only|
|Protocol||SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6)|
|2.4 GHz Channel: 1 - 11||US/TW/CAN|
|2.4 GHz Channel: 1 - 13||KR / EUR / AU / ASA / CN / EMBU|
|Security||WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)|
|Direct Connection (Wireless LAN)||Available|
|Canon Print Service(for Android)||Available|
|PIXMA Cloud Link(from smartphone/tablet)(from printer)||Available|
|Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY(for iOS/Android)||Available|
|System Requirements*10||Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1(operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with a pre-installed Windows 7 or later), macOS v10.13.6 ~ 11.0, Chrome OS|
|Language||32 Languages Selectable:Japanese, English (mm & inch), German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Czech, Slovene, Hungarian, Slovakian, Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Turkish, Greek, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese|
|Paper Handling (Plain Paper)||A4, LTR: 20, LGL: 5|
|Temperature||5 - 35°C|
|Humidity||10 - 90% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Temperature||15 - 30°C|
|Humidity||10 - 80% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Temperature||0 - 40°C|
|Humidity||5 - 95% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise (PC Print) (approx.)|
|Plain Paper (A4, B/W)*13||Approx. 56.5 dB(A)|
|Power||AC 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption (approx.)|
|Standby (scanning lamp is off, USB connection to PC||0.8 W|
|Copying*14 (USB connection to PC)||7 W|
|Duty Cycle||Up to 1,200 pages/month|
|Factory Configuration||Approx. 435 x 295 x 189 mm|
|Output/ADF trays extended||Approx. 435 x 592 x 438 mm|
|Weight (approx.)||5.8 kg|
|Plain Paper (A4 pages) (ISO/IEC 24712 test file)*15|
|Plain Paper (A4 pages) (ISO/IEC 24712 test file)*16||Standard: PG-47: 400 / CL-57S: 180, Optional: CL-57: 300|
|Photo Paper 4 x 6" (ISO/IEC 29103 test file)*16||Standard:PG-47: N/A*17 CL-57S: 55, Optional:CL-57: 90|
1. Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
2. Document print speeds are the average of ESAT (Word, Excel, PDF) in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734.
Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer.
Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.
3. Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Envelope, High Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer, Photo Stickers.
4. TWAIN driver (ScanGear) is based on the TWAIN specification V1.9 and requires the Data Source Manager comes with the operating system.
5. Optical resolution scan is available, only when you use TWAIN Driver.
Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
6. The fastest speed in Hi-Speed USB on Windows PC. Transfer time to computer is not included.
7. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183.
Copy speeds (ADF) are ESAT of copy in sequence, ISO/IEC 24735.
Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warm-up time.
8. Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart.
Colour document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Colour Fax Test Sheet.
Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax settings at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
9. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
10. Please visit http://asia.canon to check OS compatibility and to download the latest driver updates.
11. The performance of the printer may be reduced under certain temperature and humidity conditions.
12. For the temperature and humidity conditions of papers such as photo paper, refer to the paper's packaging or the supplied instructions.
13. Acoustic Noise is measured based on ISO7779 standard with default setting.
14. When copying ISO/JIS-SCID N2 (printed by inkjet printer) on A4 size plain paper using default settings.
15. The page yield is based on the consumption data from the succeeding ink bottle but not the first ink bottle.
Colour document page yield is the estimated value based on Canon individual test method using the ISO/IEC 24712 colour chart and continuous printing simulation with the replacement after initial setup.
16. Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 (for A4 size) using ISO/IEC 24712 test file, and ISO/IEC 29102 (for 4x6" size) using ISO/IEC 29103 test file. Values obtained by continuous printing.
17. This ink is not used when printing under this condition. However, a minimal amount of colour inks are used for maintenance purposes.
- To keep printer's performance, Canon printer performs cleaning automatically according to its condition. When the printer performs cleaning, a small amount of ink is consumed. In this case, all colours of ink may be consumed.
The cleaning function helps the printer to suck air bubbles or ink itself from the nozzle and thus prevents print quality degradation or nozzle clogging.
- The repairing parts for printers will be available five years after production is discontinued. Depending on your model, we may ask you to replace it with a new one, or one with almost the same performance as a maintenance service. In this case, it may be that you cannot use supplies or accessories for your model or the compatible OS will be changed.
- To obtain good printing quality, use up ink within six months after opening.
- Depending on your terminal, such as a computer or a smartphone, or the operating system of your terminal, such as your computer or smartphone, the information or the message related to the estimated remaining capacity of the maintenance cartridge usage displayed on the screen of your terminal may be different from the information or message displayed on the operation panel of the printer. Also, the message for the estimated remaining capacity of the maintenance cartridge usage may be displayed at a different point in time. Canon recommends that you use the information and massage displayed on the operation panel of the printer as your reference.
- Depending on the paper or the print settings, colour ink may be consumed even when you print a document or perform printing in black and white. When any one of the colours of ink has run out, you need to replace the ink cartridge.
- You need to install ink cartridges of all colours whether you perform black and white printing or colour printing. If any one of the ink cartridges is not installed, an error occurs and you cannot perform printing.
- The warranty term for details, contact a Canon-authorized sales representative in the country or region you live in.
- Ink cartridges sold are generally meant for use with printers sold in the same region. The ink cartridges may bear unique labels or configurations and may not be compatible for use with printers sold in another region. To ensure optimal performance of your printer, please check with your local Canon office or authorised Canon reseller before relocating your printer from the location of purchase.
Regarding a solution to a problem caused by using non-genuine ink cartridges (including ones supplemented with non-genuine ink by making a hole in the cartridge or so), a fee will be charged even within the warranty term. Keep this in your mind when you use non-genuine ink.
If you use non-genuine ink cartridges (including ones supplemented with non-genuine ink by making a hole in the cartridge or so), they may have a negative effect on the performance of the printer or the printing quality may be reduced. In addition, though it is a rare case and does not present a safety hazard, it is reported that a print head will become heated or smoke will be emitted from it due to an ingredient not contained in genuine Canon ink.
(Note that this does not apply to all non-genuine ink.)